SGCDC’s Mission includes:
- Community revitalization and the elimination of blight;
- Economic development activities, assistance to local businesses, and redevelopment and enhancement of our Commercial Corridors;
- Improved safety and crime prevention;
- Development of housing opportunities for individuals of all income levels;
- Historic preservation;
- The provision of sustainable parks, gardens, trees, green spaces, an improved Playground, and other recreational opportunities and social venues for residents of all ages and walks of life;
- Additional educational, employment, healthcare, and recreational opportunities for area youths and families;
- Public-private partnerships to provide much-needed services for our public schools and Playground;
- The provision of a storefront office for community outreach and a broad array of social services;
- Neighborhood greening, beautification and cleanliness projects; and
- Many other community improvement projects, programs and services.
See the "Programs" tab above for more information on our ongoing programs and services.